Getting Palm Apps
While nobody's selling Palm apps anymore, a suprising amount of Palm software is available on the web. Since there wasn't an 'app store' at the time, a huge amount of software was given away as freeware. Probably the best place to start is Freeware Palm, which has thousands of apps available for download, most of which will work with PHEM.
Some Suggested Apps
These are just some apps that we dug back in the day. Your tastes may vary, but they might make a nice starting point, particularly the games.
- Dope Wars - Considered a classic.
- Space Trader - Roleplaying in a newly-created galaxy every time.
- iRogue - There's a reason why "Roguelikes" is a genre.
- Marbles Squared - Simple, fun puzzle game.
- Patio Box World - Sokoban fun.
- Sigma - Unusually strategic dice game.
- Vexed - Addictive puzzle game.
- Plucker - One of the first e-Book readers, and one of the first ways to access the web in a portable way.
- Palmscape (or here) - This is what the portable web looked like back in the day.
- Filez - A file manager for the Palm.
- ScreenPrefs - Makes the Launcher look nicer on grayscale Palms. Can't figure out why this isn't built in.
- EasyCalc - Graphing scientific calculator
- MegaWiki - Lets you link up almost all the data and apps in a Palm.
- Hackmaster - The original hack manager.
- X-Master - An alternate hack manager.
- FastCap Hack - Speeds up Graffiti capitalization.
- EasyLaunch - Access Palm programs and functions with simple screen swipes. (Nice with MegaWiki.)
Copyright © 2013 Perpendox Software LLC